Kathleen’s Croft is a charming croft house, found in a quiet village on the edge of Loch Torridon with dramatic views all round. On entry, the large hall with it’s wooden walls and rustic floor tiles in warm colours of the earth, is heated underfloor and is the perfect place to leave coats and boots and shoes.
From the hallway there is a door into the spacious dining room complete with woodburning stove and beyond into the well equipped kitchen, with electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge and freezer, and washing machine/dryer.
The living room, with wood burner, has exposed painted beams and a stripped pine floor, combined with stunning stone walls and is warm and cosy in the winter and light and cool in summer.
The ground floor bathroom is fitted with a shaped bath with shower, wash basin and w.c and has a large airing cupboard.
From the dining area the staircase rises to split into two directions, one to the study/office with a stunning view of Beinn Alligin and Liathach, and the main bedroom, second bedroom and upstairs w.c and wash basin, and the other way to the twin bedded third bedroom. All the bedrooms of this croft house, are located in the roof space and have 2m of headroom maximum in sloping ceilings.
The main bedroom has a king size bed, the 2nd bedroom has a double bed and the 3rd bedroom has twin beds (3′ wide each) which are located together to make one large 6′ wide bed or 2 single beds.
The garden is fully enclosed by a beautiful local stone wall and has a large patio, just right for sitting out in the evening and watching the sun go down over the Loch.
At a glance
Kathleen's Croft, Annat, by Torridon, Scotland
3 bedrooms (1 king, 1 double, 1 twin,)
Fine cotton bedlinens
1 downstairs bathroom and 1 upstairs w.c
Available from £600/wk
Nice to have
- Welcome pack - teas & coffee, wine, biscuits
- Fine cotton linens - not just white!
- Mix of down and non-feather pillows/duvets
- Books to read on those cosy fireside evenings
- Old films, new films (comedy, kids, thrillers)
- Wireless Broadband
- LCD TV with DVD player in the living room
- Board games and jigsaws
- Flower arrangements
- Barbeque - for all those hot sunny evenings!
- 2 x Woodburners for colder evenings!
Nice to know
- Walking distance of the lochside beach, local shop/tea room and hotel with Michelin starred restaurant and bar with pub food
- Local Torridon store takes phone orders in advance so you can just turn up and collect all your favourite food
- Well equipped kitchen
- Guest animals (by prior arrangement)
- Comfy sofas and stylish decor
- Local friendly help - happy to help!
- Booking confirmation & directions in writing